Monday, February 21, 2011

I Made It

I had a great week!  Although I didn't get in as much exercise as I had planned (well hardly any) I still lost.  I was done 2-1/2 lbs from last week.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  Not just because of the number on the scale (although that helps) but because I ate out a few times and still was able to stay within my daily points.  Usually early on in the WW program I try to avoid eating out as much as possible because I get a little panicky.  I think it's because how my food is prepared is out of my control.  One of the places I ate at this week was the Lonestar.  I found it very difficult to sit at the table and wait for my food while some others were eating chips and salsa.  I almost left...I found it that hard.  Thank god my daughter and I have a bet on 'no chips and no french fries' until the end of March - otherwise I might have given in.  For that, I have Shona to thank.

I am feeling pretty good.  Starting to notice my jeans getting loser now.  I am down a total of 11 lbs and normally that means one pant size.

I went shopping yesterday and bought myself a skipping rope!  Although I am not suppose to jump because I had a total knee replacement a few years ago - I'm going to give it a whirl.  Wish me luck.

Going to lunch today with a friend from where I use to work - we're going to the Lonestar (her favorite).  Why do I do this to myself?  I guess because I know that avoiding the Lonestar or any other restaurants isn't something I will do for the rest of my life.

I will let you know in my next post how today's lunch went and what the scale had to say.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brenda, sorry to rub it in by eating chips and rubbing my belly :)

    A great tip is to eat before you go. I was trained as a child that going out for dinner was a real treat, and that you wanted to get your money's worth.

    Having eaten before you go will allow you to enjoy the social function and not think about food. It also helps if it takes a long time for your food to come (or people arrive late). Nothing worse then being starved when you food comes. A sure way to inhale too much.

    Make sure you still order something, you just don't have to eat it (If you've already eaten). See if someone wants to share with you, but don't feel obligated to eat too much just to justify the cost of the food, or 'eating your share'

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete