Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"NEW ME"

Wednesday past I attended Weight Watchers.  I am down 5-1/2 lbs in two weeks!  Congrats to me!  I must say, I was a little apprehensive about the new Points Plus Program Weight Watchers offers...but low and behold - it's working.  Feels great to have some of this weight coming off...it's been awhile.

I retired June 1st last year and haven't really felt that good about myself.  I believe I kept this well hidden from all of my family members (or they just didn't want to say anything) except for my husband.  He noticed a change in after a short period of time.  I now know I was pretty depressed.  Depressed because of the way I let myself get out of control.  With this came the fact that I really didn't want to do anything anymore.  The one person that kept me going was my wonderful grandson - Aaron.  Just being around him made me feel worthy again of being happy.  Those that know me, know that I always took pride in my housework and my gardens...sorry to say, I let all of that go for the last year or so.  Since I rejoined Weight Watchers - I've felt a zest for life that I haven't felt in a very very long time.  I know people say that it doesn't matter what your weight is  - if you are happy - well, I definitely wasn't.

Enough with dwelling on the past....here's to day, tomorrow and my future - things are definitely looking bright!

Note - as of the publishing of this blog - I have now lost 7 lbs total.  This week we were given the challenge of 'moving' 10 minutes a day.  I don't think that is alot to ask - so I will give it a try.  I'm not a fan of activity - but I do know that counting calories (or whatever weight loss plan you may be on) and exercising are a must.

Stay tuned to see if I made my ten minute a day exercise challenge...thanks for listening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment